CHRIST GLORY INTERNATIONAL MINISTRIES STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. The Scriptures Inspired. The Bible is the revealed Word of God to man: The Old and New Testament are the rule for discipline and government (Deut. 4:1-14, II Timothy 3:15-17; II Peter 1:21).
2. The One True God. The triune Godhead consists of one true God the Father, Jesus Christ His Son (the Word), and the Holy Ghost the third person of the Godhead (John 10:36; 14:26; 20:21-22).
3. Jesus Christ is Lord. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal returning in power and glory (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18, 23; Luke 1:34-35).
4. The Fall of Man. Man was created good and upright; for God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness!" However, man by voluntary transgression through satan’s seduction fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God (Genesis 1:26-27; 2:17; 3:6; Romans 5:12-19).
5. The Salvation of Man. Man's only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Jesus died so that we who believe may live. He rose again that we may reign with Him in the Father’s kingdom. Our faith provides justification (Rom. 5:1-2)
Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is defiled and evil and of dedication unto God (Romans 12:1-2; I Thessalonians 5:23; Hebrews 13:12).
7. The Baptism in the Holy Ghost. All believers are entitled to, should earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire, according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost is witnessed by the physical sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance. (Acts 2:4; 10:46; 19:6). With it comes the endowment of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts for the work of the ministry (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4; I Corinthians 12:1-31).
8. Baptism in Water. The ordinance of baptism by immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost is commanded in the Scriptures. All who repent and believe on Christ as Savior and Lord are to be baptized. Thus they declare to the world that they died with Christ and that they also have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:4).
9. Holy Communion. The Lord's Supper, consisting of the bread and fruit of the vine - is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (II Peter 1:4); a memorial of His suffering and death (I Corinthians 11:26); and a prophecy of His second coming (I Corinthians 11:26); and is enjoined on all believers "until He comes!"
10. Child Dedication. Since water baptism is an outward expression of an inward work of grace, we do not practice infant baptism. However, we do encourage presenting our children to the Lord in child dedication and blessing until they are old enough to make their own choice and decision (Luke 2:27; Mark 10:13-16).
11. The Blessed Hope. The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the church (I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Romans 8:23; Titus 2:13; I Corinthians 15:51-52).
12. The Millennial Reign of Christ. The Word of God promises the catching away of the prepared and waiting saints (also called the Rapture), followed by the great tribulation, and then the return of our Lord with His saints and holy angels in power and great glory to reign on earth a thousand years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel (Ezekiel 37:21-22; Zephaniah 3:19-20; Romans 11:26-27) and the establishment of universal peace (Isaiah 11:6-9; Psalms 72:3-8; Micah 4:3-4).
13. The Final Judgment. There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil and his angels, and the beast and false prophet, will be confined to everlasting punishment in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death (Matthew 25:46; Mark 9:43-48; Revelation 19:20; 20:11-15, 21:8).
14. The New Heaven and the New Earth. "We, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth wherein dwells righteousness" (II Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).
15. Tithes and Offerings. The needs of the New Testament Church, its varied ministries along with its God ordained leadership are to be met by the tithes and offerings of the believers (Malachi 3:8-10, Matthew 23:23; I Corinthians 16:1; II Corinthians 9:6-7).
20. Biblical Marriage. The Bible is the highest authority for both church and life (2 Timothy 3:16-17). In constituting the first accredited institution in society, God defined marriage as being exclusively between one man and one woman, and all other variations are gross distortions of God’s plan. (Gen. 1:27, 2:18, 23-24). Homosexual behavior is sin because it is disobedient to the most basic scriptural and moral teachings which define the church: “If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.” (Leviticus 20:13 NKJV). When the church condones abominable behavior, it becomes detestable to God. (Romans 1:25–27, 1 Cor. 6:9-10, 1 Timothy 1:9-10